Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just one of the reasons...

But it is a pretty big reason... why I wanted to move back to Seattle:
No, not because of amazingly blue lakes, boats and pretty floatie toys. But, because this is where some of my favorite girls live. I have been lucky to maintain close friendships with 5 girls that I went to High School with. When you move every 5-7 years growing up, this is a very big deal. Even though we moved away to college, and moved other places for jobs/internships/life after that, we all kept in touch and now 4 out of 5 of us are home for the summer. And I love it!

We went on a girls weekend to Lake Chelan to celebrate Kat's (pictured) Birthday last weekend. We would go to Chelan and absolutely tear the town up when we were in high school and during a couple of breaks from college. This was our first trip back since we became 'adults' (when I say adults I mean functioning members of society, not since we turned 18) and I must say it was a lot more mellow. Although, the trip wasn't as crazy as I expected, there's something comforting to know that we can come back to a place at different times in our lives and somehow all be on the same page, even if a year or two before it was a completely different page. Oh, and we still had a hell of a time!

nostalgically,
kells

No comments:

Post a Comment